Hands-on learning for our kids with NATURE is Fun!
Making your own paint brushes is easy, fun & free! They can be made from a variety of different natural materials, many of which you probably already have in your backyard.
Creating different patterns from natural materials is a great way to get your kids exploring different textures while learning more about their local flora.
What you will need:
- Sticks/Twigs for the brush handle
- Natural Materials for the brush tip (grass, leaves, petals etc)
- Collect several sticks, grass, flowers, buds and leaves etc from around your yard or local area for the handle and brush tip
- Spread what you would like to use as a brush tip evenly around the handle of your choice and attach with thread.
- Tightly wrap the tread around the handle several times and tie it off firmly, cutting off any excess.
It’s time to CREATE! Use your IMAGINATION & Discover what you can create by getting back to NATURE!
Check out our natural paint recipe in our previous blog post’s ‘Keeping the kids entertained these school holidays’