I AM WOMAN series! Taking a look at the nutritional differences through the stages, and ages of womanhood. Women typically need additional support when it comes to our developing bodies and reproductive processes.
If you missed our previous chapters – head to our back to our Blog & READ MORE.
Congratulations, ‘You’re Pregnant!’
Two little words, that will transform and re-shape your entire world (body, mind and spirit).
Pregnancy is a time of enormous changes, both physically and emotionally, being prepared can help you to understand your body and cope with all that is happening.
It is very important to make sure you are providing your body with adequate nutrients and minerals throughout pregnancy to ensure the healthy growth and development of your baby, and also make sure that you too have enough to avoid nutritional depletion.
Certain women may be considered at risk of Nutritional depletion, particularly so for those who are pregnant during adolescence, women who are underweight, have restrictive diets, suffering from chronic illness or have subsequent pregnancies close together. Some women can experience extreme cases of morning sickness which make it difficult to sustain nutrients and minerals within the body.
How can i get adequate Nutrients during pregnancy?
A good balanced diet from whole foods.
- Taking a good Probiotic VIEW OUR PROBIOTICS HERE
- Pure water Intake READ MORE HERE
- Increasing Mineral Intake (Celtic salt, Mineral Drink Concentrate)
- Leafy green vegetables.
- Good Quality Wholegrains.
- Good Sources of Protein (organic meat, dried beans, lentils etc)
- Sea Vegetables (Arame, Kelp, Wakame)
- Essential Fatty Acids (Nuts, seeds, avocado, hemp oil)
- Keep Up the Folate (Vitamin B9)