Try our Fermented Foods Recipes created by our very own Fermenting Chef Bec!
Fermented SalsaIngredients: 1 punnet Cherry tomatoes, cut in half (4-5 large tomatoes cut into chunks) 2-3 shallots, thinly sliced 1 capsicum, diced 1 long chili, seeds remove and diced. Can add more depending on your tolerance 1-2 limes, juiced 2 garlic cloves ½ tbs salt 1tsp ground coriander, or ¼ cup coriander leaves (no stalks) 1/2 teaspoon of NuFerm’s Probiotics Method Mix all ingredients together; adjust flavours according to your taste bud, using a clean spoon place mix into Mason jar and place lid on top
- Three 7-oz jars/cans of tomato paste
- 1/3 cup raw honey
- 3 Tb raw apple cider vinegar
- 3 small garlic cloves, pressed
- 6 Tb sauerkraut juice (preferred) or whey (liquid whey from draining whole milk yogurt)
- 2 1/4 tsp sea salt
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of NuFerm’s Probiotics
- Equipment needed: one fermenting jug
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl (if using a quart mason jar, you can save on dirty dishes by mixing this up directly in the jar). Stir well to combine
- Ensure that the top of the ketchup is at least 1-inch below the top of the jar(s).
- Using a clean cloth or paper towel, wipe the top of the jar above the ketchup clean.
- Put lid on jar and leave at room temperature for 3 days; then transfer to the refrigerator.