Zinc is an essential trace element, vital for human function. All the living cells require zinc for a multitude reactions that take place within our bodies.
So what are the signs that you may be in need of some zinc?
• Impaired immunity.
• Impaired wound healing.
• Abnormal glucose levels, impaired insulin secretion and complications.
• Impaired taste or smell.
• Slowed growth and development.
• Bone fragility, impaired physical and mental development.
• Impaired eye sight, sensitivity to light and eye related diseases.
• Recurrent respiratory infections.
• Exposures to oxidative stress.
• Decreased mood and impaired brain health.
• Mental fatigue, declining neurological function and behavioural disturbances
• Dry skin and hair.
• Brittle and white spotted nails.
• Stretch marks.
• Digestive dysfunction. Chronic diarrhoea, bowel diseases such as IBD, IBS and other gastrointestinal disturbances.
• Erectile dysfunction and low sperm count in men.
Individuals at risk of zinc deficiency are children, adolescents, athletes, high consumers of alcohol, pregnant and lactating women, elderly, strict vegetarians and those with gastrointestinal issues.
So where can we find this key micronutrient?
Plentiful sources are abundant in meat, eggs and seafood (shellfish & oysters). While zinc is also found in plant sources such as nuts, legumes, whole grains, seeds,miso paste, mushrooms and green beans they also contain a high proportion of a compound acid that actually renders the utilisation and absorption of zinc useless.
So how else can we ensure you source your daily requirement of zinc?
Simply Well’s Zinc Colloid. A desirable state of absorption for minerals is in an acidic state. Ready for your body to absorb!
Get your essential Zinc here today!